Monday, April 22, 2013

At this point.

At this point I want to pull out my hair. I’m going to end up having to return the scooter and get my money back leaving me searching for another form of transportation. We’re going to get another scooter or maybe even  a motorcycle.

I am so frustrated with this company right now. In my opinion they lack the customer service skills to be in business. Rather than recap again, I’m just going to copy and paste my mini rant from my Facebook account:

Okay so people don't think they have to return your call when they are trying to ass rape you over "business". Tomorrow morning I'll be returning my bike and accessories from MopedU and getting my money back. I retract my previous statement referring to them as a good company. Less than 48 hours after I had purchased my "brand new" V150 (which already had 47 miles on it) it broke down. The electric starter stopped working. Took it in, got it fixed. Later that night it broke down AGAIN and left me stranded and having to push a 200 pound scooter back to their store. A nice little 7 block hike that I am really not too fond of.

They were supposed to have it fixed on Saturday (the next day). It never happened, I've been given the run around since Saturday morning and haven't even been offered any real solution that was reasonable.

Today I was told they would have a new V150 for me either "today or tomorrow". Then I get a call back telling me it'll be FRIDAY before anything is done.

That's a week.

A FUCKING WEEK.

A week with no transportation.

They continued to dangle a "rental" moped in front of me and then renege on it several times over. A 50cc moped that tops out at 35mph DOES NOT COMPARE to a 150cc scooter that'll reach 55 mph.

I was offered the chance to get another scooter, but at this point I have completely lost all faith in this company, and honestly I think if I was to even try to get a different scooter it would probably break down, and this cycle would start all over again.

I find it hilarious that they have a listing up on craigslist that states they want to provide people with a product that doesn't break down, yet that is exactly what happened to me when I trusted them.

Seriously, these guys told me I wouldn't have to get insurance, tags or a motorcycle endorsement for my license even with the larger engine, and that was a huge lie. It's clear they have no real clue what the laws for mopeds or scooters are in Arkansas and just agree with whatever you say to get you to buy their scooters.

I'll admit I should have done the research myself beforehand, instead of trusting someone who just wants to make a buck.

Yes, it was a rather lengthy rant, the thing that really bothered me was the fact that I had to cancel all my weekend plans because of this problem and they went on all weekend posting about going to Razorback games and how they were in the shop, come on by, but they couldn’t be bothered to really try to get me any sort of transportation.

If I was the manager of the shop, I would have told my customer they could have any bike in the shop and I would have picked them up personally from their house. We were told we would have to walk to the store. . . walk…after we dropped $1200 for a new scooter that broke down 48 hours after purchase.

Riiiiight.

It’s bad enough we had to walk to pay all our bills today because…you guessed it, no transportation.

So, I would highly suggest that anyone looking for a scooter or moped avoid MopedU in Fayetteville, if nothing else but for their lack of knowledge and willingness to say anything to get you to buy their scooters/mopeds.

A huge let down.

In other news…

I was able to attend my panel today for a good friend of mine, she was wonderful enough to come pick me up during her break so that I could attend.

While I was a little nervous, I found it was actually quite easy to get up in front of people ( or rather sit) and talk about myself, any how I am a transsexual. I thought it was really quite fun, and I loved it.

I’m really enjoying becoming, or trying to become, more involved with the LGBT community and I’m finding that I’m making friends and talking to people easier now then before.

Looking back at the way I was before makes me wonder how people put up with me. I’m lucky though, I have friends now that care about me and that like me for me.

I couldn’t be happier. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment