Friday, April 5, 2013

Moving is so…

Exhausting, plain and simple. Fastening large pieces of furniture to the roof of my Neon is always such a fun thing to do. We have most of our storage unit cleared out and moved into our new apartment. I’m fairly sure I can fit everything that’s left in one car load. I am looking forward to finally being done with moving, and then it’s on to unpacking everything.

We’re really excited because on Monday, Emily’s mother should be arriving in Fayetteville for a week long visit! We haven’t seen her in a long time and we are stoked. We’re having dinner with a few friends on Friday, which makes me a bit nervous because I’ll be cooking for a decent size group.

I love to cook, and I love cooking for others. There’s nothing like a good home cooked meal to bring friends and family together for good times. I still haven’t decided on what to make yet, but I have a week to come up with something. I can cook from any recipe like a boss and make it my own. I suppose it’s a culinary gift.

I’ve noticed that my arms are a bit more muscular, and my chest is a little flatter than when I first started HRT. I think that’s a combination of not only the HRT but also my working out with weights. Seeing some sort of result in just three weeks really makes me want to work out more. I really can’t believe I said it, but I did. I’m actually enjoying working out.

We are seriously considering keeping both of the boys out of public school and continuing to homeschool them. If not both, then at least just the Monkey. He’s different than most other children, and when I say that I don’t mean he doesn’t like his foods touching or likes to eat paste or something. He likes the color pink, which caused a big issue at his last school, and he likes to dress like a girl at times. I can see the latter being a huge issue if he decided that he wanted to go to school dressed like that. A lot of kids and even teachers wouldn’t understand. At times I find myself wondering if the apple didn’t fall too far from the tree. I refuse to force him to adhere to any “gender protocol” though, he is free to dress in whatever he wants, and I will ALWAYS be there to support his choices, just like the other two brats. As long as they aren’t doing something completely stupid, then I will always be there to support their decisions. I think as adults, we tend to forget that children are people too.

Not too much of a post for tonight, and I guarantee there wasn’t too much intelligence put behind it. I’m a truly exhausted and ready to make sweet, sweet snoring love to my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment