Monday, April 15, 2013

Out with it already!

For the love of all things holy and some things that aren’t. I wish that I could kick this cold/flu/whatever the fuck it is making breathing nearly an impossible feat. No, it isn’t so bad that I need to go to the ER, it’s just frustrating that it’s such a pain to pant every three feet I walk. I want to start training for a marathon that I want to run this August and I can’t do that when I can’t breath.

While I have been able to catch up on some reading and begin watching Supernatural from Season one, this bed rest thing is really getting annoying. If I could just get out what is stuck in my lungs like clinging little leeches then I would be fine. I’ve tried about three different over the counter medicines and the only thing that helps at all is Mucinex which takes like berry flavored asshole. Sorry, but it’s the truth. At least I think it’s the truth, not that I’ve ever tasted berry flavored asshole, but if I had indeed tasted it, I imagine it would taste exactly like this crap that I’ve been choking down. I’ve been keeping myself hydrated so I don’t shrivel up and blow away with the wind. (Not that even hurricane strength winds could blow me away right now.)

I did manage to walk up to the library earlier and sit in outside for a while which was rather nice. I enjoyed the fresh air and being outside, a wonderful change from the confines of my bedroom in which Emily has trapped me. I swear if I was to leave the room she would attack me, bludgeon me over the head and drag me back inside after which she would promptly duct tape me to the bed and sit on me. It took me a while to convince her we should walk up to the library and that the fresh air would be good for me.

Anyway, about the marathon. It’s on August 3rd, which is a good few months away and I think it would be a great opportunity for me to really get into shape and have fun. I’ve never done anything like this before but I’m feeling adventurous and perhaps just a little insane, but then again when aren’t I a tad bit insane? Honestly? Probably never. So, I’m going to do it. Once I kick this ick I’ll start training for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment