Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fed Up.

 

Jason Rapert. Where do I begin with this guy? Well tonight I’m just going to cover a “note of thanks” he sent to all his Facebook followers. Just reading it gives me a migraine and makes me wonder if he’s even read the United State Constitution.

“Don’t ever feel sorry for me that people try to intimidate, threaten and ridicule me for being a Christian public official that believes is is important to give God the glory and vote for principles that uphold a moral standard in our nation.”

Is that the biggest run-on sentence you’ve seen in your life or what? I am left to surmise that there is, in fact, no educational requirements for being a representative for Arkansas. However, it would appear that being an asshat that doesn’t know the difference between church and state is indeed a requirement.

He goes on to say in his “little” note:

“ The values I support are those that our Founding Fathers wove into the fabric of our great Republic in our founding documents – the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights and the United States Constitution.”

Founding fathers and founding documents!? Oh snap that’s a lot of finding going on, but apparently this guy couldn’t find his ass with both hands. I guess Rapert also supports slavery and cross-dressing since that’s what our “founding fathers” did.

Rapert also claims that “secular humanists” have silenced prayers in schools, made it legal to kill unborn children and attacked any recognition of Jesus during Christmas.

Really?!

Since when was this country the United States of Christianity. The First Amendment to the United States Constitution aka Bill of Rights, a document that he proclaims to protect the values of, gives the freedom of religion. It does not say “Freedom of religion as long as it is Christian”, it states:

“The Congress shall make no law representing an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceable to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

Oh my, looks like Congress shall make NO LAW supporting or discriminating against any one religion, and that would include Christianity. So keep your Christian morals out of my laws.

As for abortion; yes, it’s legal and no, I don’t like it. My problem is the fact the state can say it is perfectly fine to murder someone if the judicial system can condone it but it’s not okay to have an abortion. Make up your mind, either you support murder or you don’t. Also another Christian ideal that is being forced on the people. There are several religions that believe in an taking justice into their own hands and that doesn’t include a group of peers sitting around talking about what may or may not have happened. Here’s the problem, lawyers want to get paid, they want a high conviction rate (as prosecutors) and they are willing to send innocent people to prison because of this. It’s happened before.

As for the Jesus and Christmas thing, Jesus wasn’t born in December. During the rise of Christianity it was feared that the Pagans would gain power once again, so in order for the rulers (who were Christian) to subdue the Pagan faiths they melded the holidays and celebrations of “The Church” and the Pagans together. Christmas has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus but rather the Feast of Midas which was a week long celebration beginning around Yule (December 21st). It was nothing more than a drunken spree of gluttony, something that was outlawed by the Puritans when they first immigrated to America.

I could really go on for hours, but I’m leaving it at that for tonight. Emily had a job interview today at a vet clinic in Rogers and she’s excited that she might get the position. Other than that my day’s been nothing out of the ordinary. I did get a library card today and until I get reliable internet at home I’ll probably be spending more time there. I’ve taken a liking to this type of blogging so I might split my blogs and just pick up another for this kind of blogging while keeping my personal/transitional blog.

Tomorrow I get to take another shot in the ass and Emily has tests so I bid you all a good night, 5am comes too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment