Saturday, April 20, 2013

Isn’t it funny…

Isn’t it funny how your impression of someone or rather something, like a company, can change drastically almost over night? A few days ago Emily and I bought a brand new moped with a nice 150cc engine in it from MopedU, a local store. I couldn’t have been happier with my purchase up until yesterday.

The day before yesterday, the electric start went out on the moped, which wasn’t that big of an issue because I could still ride it, I just had to kick start it. Not really a big deal it wasn’t that much trouble. Yesterday, I took it into the store, and they fixed it. Great! I was annoyed that it happened but like I said, it still wasn’t a big deal.

Last night, I had planned to take Emily to the top of Mt. Sequoia here in Fayetteville to watch the sun set together. Yes, it was a cheesy, romantic plan, but I knew she would love it. Well my plans came to a huge halt when we stopped at a stop sign near the top of the “mountain” and the engine completely died.

Hmmm.

I thought maybe, it was because we were on such a steep incline, so I pushed the moped onto more level ground, which wasn’t very easy considering the incline we were on to begin with. Tried to start it.

Nothing.

Getting a bit annoyed at this point, because we already had plans to be somewhere at 9:00, later that evening.

So I thought perhaps I needed to position the damned thing headed down the hill. Needless to say, that didn’t work either. We had to coast down the curvy hills to make it back closer into town, and then I had to push the moped back to the store.

I was supposed to have it fixed this morning, because at noon I was supposed to be at a park a mile and a half from my apartment to take pictures for the family picnic being hosted by the NWA Center for Equality.

It wasn’t ready this morning, and I had to hike the 1.5 miles to the park, and after having a huge panic attack because someone brought their doberman to the picnic I had to hike 1.5 miles home.

If I had wanted to walk everywhere, I would have saved the money I spent on the moped and used it for something else, like a new phone that doesn’t screw up on me, or a new computer seeing as mine isn’t doing so well. Hell I could have used that money to pay a month of rent, and install internet here after paying all my other bills.

Yes, I am pissed.

I am not happy.

I haven’t even been offered anything else to drive/ride while they are fiddling with my broken down moped. I haven’t even been given a time when the damned thing it supposed to be fixed.

So, when I’m ready to buy a new scooter for Emily and later for Eddie….I know some place that I won’t be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment