Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Little Distracted

 

Okay, so I realize that I didn’t make a post last night when I woke up this morning. So maybe I should do a quick recap.

Last night Emily and I went to U of A’s Pride Prom with some friends. It’s a prom for everyone that wanted to go basically. We had a pretty fun time at the Prom. It was awesome for me because I never went to my Sr. Prom in high school (I was forbidden by faculty) and Emily didn’t go to any of her Proms. We got to dance together and generally have a fun time for about an hour or so, then we decided we needed a change of scenery.

Emily and I, along with some awesome friends decided it was time to head to Speakeasy. For those of you that have no clue what Speakeasy is, it’s a local “gay” bar in Fayetteville, AR. They are friendly to anyone in the Rainbow Soup (LBGTQ) and it seems to be fairly popular, plus they serve liquor and you get a Jell-O shot just for checking in on Facebook. Awesome right?! Right!

So we head over to Speakeasy and hang out talking and listening to the live music that was there. (The Wild Cards, I think were playing last night) When the dance floor opened around 10, “the gang” went downstairs where we danced and carried on until about 11, when Emily and I headed home.

Awesome awesome night! I’m beginning to like being an adult now.

Now, the best thing about our new apartment is we live about three blocks from Speakeasy, the  Fayetteville Library and other neat little places AND this morning when I woke up and went outside, I could hear birds singing. We are living in the heart of downtown Fayetteville and there are birds singing outside in the morning.

I love it here.

We are still moving and trying to get everything settled in, but after we do I am so having a dinner party for all my new friends. I never thought I would ever enjoy being around people this much.

I am in love with my kitchen, there is enough room for me to cook and for other people to be in the kitchen helping me. We have a dishwasher so no more washing dishes by hand.

I’m still looking for a job, but now there is a plethora of places that I can walk to and not have to worry about gas and the car and such.

I am working on getting a camping trip planned for June 21st with the NWA Trans Support community at Devil’s Den, which is now closer to us, or rather, we are closer to it.

I am still learning to let go of the past, and to move on with my life. It’s hard, but I’m trying and that is really the only thing that I can do. There have been a lot of people that have hurt me, and I’m sure I’ve hurt some people myself, but I’m moving forwards. I’m no longer that angry person with the ideal that I have no future, that life is meaningless and the world sucks.

I’m trying to start over and live my life and have friends and a family and be part of society, rather than hide away from the world like I was taught to do as a child.

I think that I’ve finally realized that I am important, I am worthy. I have so much that I can offer, so much of myself that I am willing to give to make my life and other’s lives better.

No comments:

Post a Comment