Friday, March 15, 2013

Harder than I thought…

 

I thought the hardest part about getting my name legally changed would be going before the judge, but clearly I was wrong. That was actually the easiest part of it thus far.

I’m finally making some progress in getting everything changed over from my old name to my new proper name. I still have a few things that I have to do, but for the most part I’m done.

Today, I finally finished with the getting my car’s title and registration changed over and in the last week I got my car insurance and phone changed over too. Though getting my name changed for my phone was not an easy feat. First I was told I could change it online through a customer service representative, which didn’t work. They can only change the first or the last name but not both. I was then told I could go into ANY store with the proper paperwork. That didn’t work, and I was told that I had to fax a copy of the order into the corporate office, well that wasn’t right either. Finally, I was told that I could go to a certain store (which I dislike immensely) and get it changed there. FINALLY! It was like the angels pissed rum on me from the heavens. I was able to get my name on my phone account changed.

Supposedly my college has changed my name on my blackboard account, but I think I’m too far behind to be able to make up all my work because of the two week period that no one would answer my emails, and all of my professors except one do not allow anything to be turned in late.

I still have to get my birth certificate amended which is easier said than done, because it’s an Oklahoman birth. It –should- only cost about $15.00 to do and I could have it in a few hours if I actually go to Oklahoma City and file for the amendment. Otherwise, it could takes weeks or more. I’m still debating on what to do there.

Emily says that I need to get my high school diploma reissued with the proper name on it as well, but I’m not too sure how to go about that. I could call my old high school and ask…I think I’ll do that on Monday.

I still need to get a Post Office box, now that I have most of documents changed over to the correct name I can finally do that. It is harder to get a post office box than a driver’s license! Seriously…

So far the total cost of my name change has run me about $250 and I’m not even done with all the documents!

This really is harder than I thought it would be, but it’s well worth it.

I’m still stressing about my doctor’s appointment coming up this week and how I’m going to be able to afford it. Emily is dead set on me going, and I’ve been thinking about selling my guitar and keyboard to cover the cost, but I don’t know if anyone would buy them before the 20th.

I guess things will work out for the best…at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment