Saturday, March 23, 2013

Busy day

 

Today was a busy day, and yet I don’t feel like I really did too much.

I went to the NWA Center for Equality around noon to help make posters for the rally in Fayetteville on the 26th of this month supporting the Repeal of DOMA. I was a bit surprised to find out that my family and I were the only ones that showed up to help, except the guy that was at the center itself. It really made me stop and think for a moment that the community really needs to come together. So, I’ve applied for a volunteer position with the center. I really hope that I can start making a difference and helping to bring the community together. I have some really cool ideas and I don’t mind fighting for what I believe in.

I had a really nice chat this afternoon with a new friend. We have more things in common than I thought, and it was nice being able to sit down and chat for a couple hours. I wouldn’t mind doing it again.

When we finally got home I worked with the brats for a while with their math. We’re homeschooling them, and the 12 year old has been having a bit of trouble with equations.

I woke up again feeling like a had been gargling rocks, while I don’t mind it one bit I keep a huge glass of water by the bed now. My entire body is achy but I think that’s just because I’ve been lifting weights and working out. I’m trying to lose weight and get in better shape.

Tomorrow, I think, is just going to be a hang out day where I do a whole lot of nothing, unless the idiot next door starts screaming and beating on his girlfriend again. Then things could get ugly, but other than that, I’m hoping for a peaceful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment