Saturday, March 16, 2013

Today was…


Today was pretty good. I didn’t wake up until almost 11am, but that was probably because I spent half the night talking with one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. It’s totally a plus that she sleeps beside me each night.
We cleaned up the room and dropped a few things off at the storage unit and then on whim I decided we needed to have a picnic. Bought sausages, chips and PowerAde at the store and then we drove to Devil’s Den.
I have to say, I love the name of this place, especially so because of where it’s located (Bible-belt Arkansas) and it seems to be a pretty popular place.
After lunch we sat by the creek for a bit before deciding to dare one of the hiking trails.
Of course I had my trusty awesomely sexy Nikon with me, so I managed to get a lot of beautiful pictures along the way. Even though the caves are closed right now, because of the threat of “White Nose” among the bat population I was able to sneak a few shots from the mouths of one of the caves. We can’t wait until they are open again and we can actually go inside of them.
I got my exercise for the day, I have been lifting some small weights and doing crunches in an effort to stop being such a fattie, but today, I’ll forgo the normal evening routine. A two hour hike more than makes up for that.
Everyone had a great time, myself included, next Saturday, I think we might just do something like this again. It really lifted everyone’s mood and lowered the stress level.

No comments:

Post a Comment